I have been making bottles of this for all my friends (because that's how much I love this stuff), so I thought I should share it with you. This all started because last summer was looking for a good moisturizer for my body and thought I would try aloe vera. And found I LOVED it for my skin. It did not leave a sticky reside, like lotion can. Easy to spread on my body and I liked how it makes my skin feel. Since hitting 50 I am have more and more issue with dry skin. Plus I have always had very sensitive skin, even in my youth and moisturizers do not always work for me. I found aloe heals as well as adding moisture and that is a win/win combo for me.
Then I decided to try to make a face spray and came up with this combo. I just spray it on my face liberally a couple of times a day. Only at night before bed do I use a heavier moisturizer. But this spray has become so much more, I will list all the ways I use it.
1. I spray it on before putting my make-up.
2. I spray it on after I put on my make-up as a setting spray. It sort of melts all the layers together and gives me a more natural looks without melting my make-up off. I love having looking dewy skin.
3. I use it as a detangler for my hair.
4. I use it on my dry ends of my long hair. I only wash my hair ever 4 days, so I spray the ends with this to help keep them from drying out.
5. I also spray my ends to help plump up my curls and give them more bounce.
6. I also use this spray as a hand sanitizer when I travel. The lavender works great for this.
If you research each of the ingredient you will see there is many properties for your skin and hair. So you can see why I love this face spray. Please give it a try and tweak it to your liking!!
A note about the aloe. Initially I went to use the aloe I had bought at the drug store and realized it had fragrance, thickeners and more. I wanted as clean a product as I could find with as much aloe in it. I purchased cold-pressed aloe which is 99% aloe/1% thickener and really love it. It is watery but I find that's better to rub in my skin and not have any leftover slipperiness on me. I encourage you to try and get the best an aloe for the healthiest results.
Aloe, Lavender-Rose Face Spray
Makes about ⅓ cup
1 small spray bottle
2 TBL rose water or 2 drops of rose oil
2 TBL Aloe Vera Gel
1 small drop glycerin
2 drops lavender oil
1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
Green tea, about 6 TBL
Add the first 5 ingredients to a small spray bottle, then green tea to fill. Leave a small gap at top. Shake well every time you use. Store in refrigerator.