I was reading abour Eye Of Wonder uncooked tomato sauce and it made me think of our BST pasta. This is a recipe we make a lot in the summer. BST pasta is like BLT but I used spinach instead of lettuce. So here is my tribute to a BLT sandwich (with an Italian twist). An easy one bowl dish.
For dessert I love Lucullian Delights chocolate tart with orange marmalade and pine-nuts. Well who does not like chocolate and orange together, a match made in heaven. It is a very easy dessert. You make a chocolate dough, fill it with marmalade and pine-nuts and bake. With a glass of sparking wine, perfetto !!!!
1 pound of pasta (like penne)
3-4 ripe tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 strips of bacon, you can use pancetta too
1 bag of spinach
1/3 cup olive oil
1 TBL. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
5 basil leaves, torn into pieces
1 cup (or more to your liking) fresh mozzarella, cubed
At least 3 hour before dinner cube tomatoes and mix in a bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Cover bowl with a plate and let is macerate on counter.
While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a pan. Save some bacon fat and wilt spinach. It only take maybe a minute. Add spinach and cheese to tomatoes, then cooked pasta. Crumble bacon over top and toss.
CROSTATA DI CIOCCOLATA CON MARMELLATA DI ARANCE E PINOLI or CHOCOLATE TART WITH ORANGE JAM AND PINE NUTS
1/3 cup salted butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups flour
4-5 TBL cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 jar of good orange jam or marmalade
1/2 cup pine nuts
- Blend butter and sugar well in a bowl and add the egg yolks. Mix it well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder into the bowl and mix it into a dough.
- Set the dough in a pan and push it down. My tart pan is so big that I need all the dough but if you have a smaller one you can use a part of it to decorate the tart.
- Spread out the orange jam and distribute the pine nuts on top of it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 for about 30 minutes.